Posts Tagged ‘photos’
Went to Quebec, Montreal and Toronto. Watched an old friend get married. Ate lots of food. Got engaged.July 28, 2013
1. You can often find deals. We rode for 50% off. Opt for berths. They are considerably cheaper than a cabin, feel more open and the cabins are almost claustrophobic. (Compared to economy, you end up with a bed, all the meals and snacks, etc.)
2. The food is good. For instance, my meals were: French Toast stuffed with cheesecake, grilled scallops and prawns on salad, and duck for dinner with raspberry white chocolate cheesecake. Yep, I said cheesecake twice.
3. Free champagne.
4. It feels both retro and romantic.
5. No Wifi and often no cell reception – wait, how is that a positive? It’s a chance to disconnect, to read, do crossword puzzles and chat with people.
6. Jasper is nice. What a nice place to take a little walk.
7. Don’t be afraid to go in the winter. In addition to more sale fares, it is really beautiful.
Seriously, I loved it. I was on the train for over 24 hours and I didn’t want to get off.
How about we recap the year in point form?
If it was down to one word, it would be “happy”.
Places I went:
Mexico: Barra de Potosi & Zihuatanejo
Vancouver Island: Victoria, Nanaimo & Tofino
Alberta: Canmore, Calgary & Edmonton
BC: Lower Mainland, Whistler, Sunshine Coast, Mayne Island, Harrison Hot Springs & Predator Ridge
Japan: Tokyo & Kyoto
US: Skykomish & Leavenworth, WA & Portland, OR
Started amazing relationship with Lefty the Australian
Won a broadcasting award
Moved from my Oak Street apartment
Moved in with Lefty the Australian
Got rid of my car
Changed role at radio station – now a reporter again
Seriously, it’s been an amazing year. Some hard decisions were made, but I couldn’t be happier with the results.
Lefty is the most wonderful man I’ve ever known and his presence has changed my life.
Can’t wait to see what 2012 has in store. 🙂