Archive for the ‘Photography’ Category
Ottawa has over 110cm of snow so far this season. It has been very exciting after 8 years in Vancouver.December 28, 2013
We’re a month and a half into our Ottawa adventure. So far, so good. I miss my friends back home, but I’m so glad to have my Orgle here. Dude is so excited for winter. It’s fun just to watch him waiting for snow.
The first three weeks on my own:
1. You can often find deals. We rode for 50% off. Opt for berths. They are considerably cheaper than a cabin, feel more open and the cabins are almost claustrophobic. (Compared to economy, you end up with a bed, all the meals and snacks, etc.)
2. The food is good. For instance, my meals were: French Toast stuffed with cheesecake, grilled scallops and prawns on salad, and duck for dinner with raspberry white chocolate cheesecake. Yep, I said cheesecake twice.
3. Free champagne.
4. It feels both retro and romantic.
5. No Wifi and often no cell reception – wait, how is that a positive? It’s a chance to disconnect, to read, do crossword puzzles and chat with people.
6. Jasper is nice. What a nice place to take a little walk.
7. Don’t be afraid to go in the winter. In addition to more sale fares, it is really beautiful.
Seriously, I loved it. I was on the train for over 24 hours and I didn’t want to get off.